Monday, May 26, 2014

Temuco

I left Lebu. It was sad but thats how it has to be and now I’m in Temuco. It is very different than anything I have seen here. If I’m not mistaken, it is the sector with most city in it. At times I forget that I’m in Chile because it looks just like the states. Also, there is a ward here instead of a branch. There are like 130 active members too! It´s quite a change but I’m liking it.

My comp is Elder Whiting from Arizona. He has 3 months in the mission so he´s kind of new but its fun. We are living in a pretty big house with two other missionaries. The house is big but there is a broken door so it is open to the outside and very cold.

The people here are normally pretty rich. But rich people here are really mean. They make sarcastic remarks or just say mean things but we joke around and try to lighten it up. I guess I’ll figure it out with time. We found this Woman named Aurora that my comp taught like 2 months ago. They had apparently taught her about the Book of Mormon and haven´t been able to teach her since. But we got together with her this week and she told us that she has been reading the Book of Mormon at work and has to defend it from the people she works with. She even refers to herself as Mormon. We basically asked about her feelings on baptism to bring up the topic and she paused for a long time. Then with a deep breath she quietly said "14 de Junio." Then again "14 de Junio" with more confidence. We didn´t know what to say. We testified hard and she cryed and giggled out of awkwardness but I could honestly say that she was very, very happy. Almost as if she had been waiting to say the words "14 de junio" all her life. She is married and has two kids and I don´t doubt they will soon follow her example.

"The honest seeker of truth will soon come to know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God."

This week has been absolutely exhausting but it was totally worth it. I have tons of pictures but next week I should be able to put them all up on dropbox.

Till next week!


Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment