Thursday, September 5, 2013

11 more days


11 more days hasta la campa. I´m not sure how to feel about that. On one hand, it is going to be awesome in Chile and we will be more free to do what we want and we´ll be teaching actual investigators. But on the other hand, I can still barely squeeze out enough Spanish to have a conversation with Mexicans but Chileans talk ridiculously fast. Right now I don´t feel ready at all but from what I hear, the last week completely changes that. I´m excited to be at the point and I can already feel myself getting there. This week went as usual. Lots of studying, lots of teaching, lots of uncomfortable situations and lots of new Spanish vocabulary. I am proud to say that I can now, with enough thinking, conjugate almost any verb into the future, preterit, imperfect, command and conditional form.
Everyday we play soccer. There are about 3 or 4 other teams (made up of districts) that play against us. It´s indoor soccer and we switch which team is on either when someone makes a goal or after four minutes. Two of the teams are made up of Latinos. And in case you don´t know, every Latino can play soccer as if that is all he does. That isn´t a blanket statement either. Every single Latino that we have played against is better that any gringo here. But that doesn´t stop us from trying and it just makes us better. After playing with the Latinos for a while, we will play a gringo team and destroy them. I´m not very good at all, but I´m definitely getting better. Last Pday we were playing a game and one of the elders in our district went in for a header but missed the ball and got someones elbow instead. It doesn´t sound that bad but he was bleeding like none other. He went into the Doctor and they didn´t have much so they poured water on his head (because they had nothing anti bacterial) then proceeded to give him two stitches without numbing. They took it out and re did it because they didn´t do it right. He´s fine now but it´s just a funny story.
I´ve been saying that our district is the best, but this week we got proof of that. Some of the teachers have been asking us to give pep talks to other districts. We also have people who constantly tell us that they wish they were put with us.
Tomorrow we are having Christmas. We are building a Christmas tree out of palm leaves and we are doing a secret Santa and we are going to sing Christmas songs instead of hymns all day. I´m not sure where the idea came from but i´m excited.
Alright, that's all for now. till next week!
Elder Thompson
a murder of parrots

a sad bus top

The sisters all took this pose in front of the temple so I thought I would join them.

Chile

Navidad

Our Christmas tree

Add caption

The District

too much time on the computer

No comments:

Post a Comment