Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A normal week

This week has been pretty average.

On saturday after emailing we all got in the car and my comp and I dropped off our office trainers in temuco. So it was a solid 5 hours down and 5 hours back. It was an incredibly pretty drive and I found some Delicious guava juice at the grocery store to drink on the way so I can say it was a great birthday. We got home pretty late bu we knew it would happen. On the way down Chile was eliminated from the world cup because of a penalty kick. Bummer.

On sunday one the elders here met up with his family before he went back to the states. It was pretty weird to see it happen. Even weirder that someday my mission will end as well. But that's not for a couple years.

On monday there was a big conference of all the zone leaders. In the morning we got upat 5:30 to play soccer on a turf field. After showering and heading to the office we helped with the craziness of everyone else's pday. Considering that everyone comes to the office with problems. 

On tuesday we had the first conference of all the missionaries in the north of the mission. We did it at the chapel right next to the office so it was fairly easy. After the conference, I met a guy in subway who was from san diego. He is the first white person I have seen in Chile besides missionaries.

On wednesday we went to Los Angeles for another big conference. I have always been on the other side but now that I have to put on the conferences, I am realizing that they are a lot of work. Everything barely came together on time despite the many problems and emergencies but no one else even notices. That night we had to drive back to concepción, load up a bunch of stuff and then back to los angeles which is about a four hour round trip. But this time in incredibly thick fog.

On thursday we traveled down to temuco for the next conference. This one was a lot smoother. After eating we were going to buy a couple gas heaters and drop them off at some of the houses down in temuco but my comp got really sick. So we hurried him to the nearest missionary house and he just passed out for the night.

On friday we did the last conference. During the meeting, we went to drop off the heaters and got back just in time to eat. After lunch we rode with president back to Concepción for 5 hours. It was an awesome experience. We even stopped to buy churrascos.

Finally we got home to our nice warm beds and had a normal nights sleep, not on hard wood floors and with our own shower. Even though it has been very stressful and tiring, I love being here. Hopefully this coming week isn´t any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment