Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving?

Like I've said before, time is a different thing on the mission. I still feel like it should be the middle of summer back at home. It`s not that time moves exceptionally fast here, but it just doesn`t seem to progress when i`m not there. That being said, I can`t believe it`s almost thanksgiving. The next thing I know, we`ll be skyping on Christmas.

This week we had a baptism. Her name is Sonia and she has 3 kids. Just because there have been so many splits in the past month, she was basically everybody’s investigator. The baptismal service was classically rough. One of her kids backed out, nobody bringing food showed up (there were 5 of them) the person giving a talk bailed the night before, and the husband had to leave town for work. With all that, she and one of her kids are now members and happier than ever. From what I hear, it`s close to impossible to have a baptism run smoothly. I wonder why.

Peaches are starting to be in season. Oh man.

This week has been a lot of work with church organization. Well, this whole transfer has been but especially this week. I went on a split earlier this week and we found a giant castle/house. It`s probably the biggest house in lota. We decided to knock it and the most crazy, happy, energetic guy came out and now we have another appointment set up with him today. I`m excited to see where this goes.

I sent some letters, you`ll have to tell me when you get them, or if you get them.
I also found out that it only costs about 450 pesos to send a letter to the states which is about dollar. So get ready for tons of letters coming your way.

That's about it for this week, keep me updated on holiday-y stuff!

Love you guys
Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment