Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Office

Week one in the office.

I Said goodbye to my sector which was difficult but a lot easier considering I was only there for 4 weeks then started the 6 hour bus ride to Concepcion. When I got there, the office was crazy. There were so many people coming and going, a lot of stuff getting lost, a lot of people getting lost, and over all, lots of problems. Apparently transfer day is always like this. So we just barely got everyone to their sectors with there comps. For the rest of the day I did something on the computer, making a list or something. I´m not sure. That night we got to the house and it is amazing. It has carpet, painted walls, 2 bathrooms, enough beds, and a washing machine. It is for sure the nicest house in the mission. We also live in a rich part of town so the city keeps dogs out of the streets. That means we can finally go running without being eaten.

So far, I love being here but it can get pretty stressful. We are asked to do things by president a bunch so it is hard to strive for less than perfect. So while I am far from that, I have a lot of improving to do. I think the best part is the craziness of everything. Everyday is different and you never know what you are going to have to do. I think next week we get to road trip around the mission fixing the houses so I am more than excited for that.

Another advantage is being able to cook. I have come to realize this week that I can´t cook. But we made a plan to at least attempt and maybe we´ll get better. The other option is buying pizza, hamburgers, subway, or other things you find in a big city. 

I also have my own cubicle.

Right now there are 8 office missionaries. 4 assistants to the president, us, and our office trainers. But our trainers leave next Saturday and 2 of the assistants go home. So in a week it will just be my comp and I managing everything with the two assistants doing their stuff around the mission. It´s a lot of responsibility and a lot of learning opportunities.

All in all, this is going to be an adventure… An extremely hard but rewarding adventure… Like the mission.


Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment